Sunday, March 4, 2012

First Week of March

It's 5:15am. I've been up for over 2 1/2 hours. I really need to rework my internal time clock. Daylight savings time starts next week. It's either going to be a gift or a curse -- possibly both.

I tried to take more photos last week. Some days were better than others. With the warm weather coming to Houston (many claim that it never left) there will be more daily photo ops to capture. I've started to channel my "inner paparazzi." and 'm definitely feeling more comfortable walking around with camera in hand.

It's Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo time http://www.hlsr.com/. I'm attending this year and in big news, I'm plan to --hold your breath --  TOUCH some animals. As a Native TEXAN and rarer still -- a NATIVE HOUSTONIAN, the time has come for me to get in touch with my "cowboy roots". OK,  I will at least attend the rodeo, photograph the animals and buy new cowboy boots.

I saw these lovelies online and I want to make them mine:

Handcrafted Lucchese 1883 Matte Ostrich Leg Cowgirl Boot - Snip Toe (on sale for $439)




Vintage boots found on pinterest.


In other news, I have my Texas Tax ID Number and will be setting up my business bank account on Friday. My creative juices are starting to flow and I'm one step closer to living my dream.

4 comments:

  1. Those vintage boots are awesome! Congratulations on pursuing your dreams and making them a reality! So inspiring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe it is March already.
    I carry my little camera with me everywhere I go :)
    My dad and brother wear cowboy books everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to have just opened my Etsy store in Oct 2011.. Congrats....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what your store will include. I have had a tax id number and been using it for my business since Jan 2010. I enjoy going through the process of being a merchant on Etsy and sharing my creations with others.

    ReplyDelete