I'm taking some time off from my "real job" to recharge, renew and rediscover who I am.
God has chosen for this to be a growing season for me. I am going to embrace it.
To that end, I'm making a list. (As any self-respecting type-A would.). The latest trend is to create a manifesto. When complete, this may qualify as a manifesto; but I have to look up the definition to see if it applies. It may instead be a personal mission statement. We'll just have to see. I'm going to edit (and edit) until it's a true representation of my intentions.Today the most important thing is
- I will renew my walk with the Lord. The times of the greatest peace I've known, occurred when my walk with God was strong. Conversely, the times of greatest sadness and distress have come when I have stepped away from Him.
- I want to be self-aware and self-expressed at all times.
- I intend to CREATE. Every day -- Home decor. Scrapbooks. Poetry. Short stories. Tasty meals.
- I want to laugh -- A LOT. A WHOLE LOT.
- I CHOOSE JOY. I want to dance for joy! To feel alive. To move though my life in a joyous celebration of each and every day. I want music playing all day.
- I will treat my body as the temple God created.
- I'm going to go outside and play. It's summer. I have a backyard with a deck and shade trees. I have an eight year old grandson. I have plants to that need new containers and outdoor furniture still new in the boxes.
- I'm going to get back to accepting all invitations and meeting a new person every day. I pushed myself to do this when I was first divorced and it really opened up my life.
I spent some quality time on Pinterest this morning so I'll close with a few things that inspired me. Happy Friday!
|IZAK ZENOU - I totally <heart> his style|
|PAPER FILTER FLOWERS - gonna follow tutorial and give this a try|
|NATURAL HAIR -- I'm in the process of going natural.|
|I COULD SPEND ALL SUMMER HERE -I'm going to make my space just as cozy and inspiring|