Monday, April 6, 2015

A Blog Update (No, Not An April Fool's Joke!)

2014 is long gone. Three months into 2015, I am left a better woman. Stronger. More self-aware. More determined to be whole, healthy and authentic.

I continue to struggle with issues from last year's auto accident. I am home from work (on medical leave) in order to heal properly. There is no exact timetable for my return. Apparently soft-tissue injuries "take as long as they take". This has been difficult to accept; but I am determined to turn my lemons into lemonade.

The good news it that I have healed enough to craft. Scrapbooking has been my best friend and constant companion through the long winter. Spring is here and I'm inspired to create and to share.

This morning, I cleaned my desk from my last project and decided to make tags and Project Life cards from the scraps. I've seen blogs and videos of other ladies who had done this and I promised myself that I would try it as well. (The idea of tossing paper away is almost a physical pain for me)

I gathered some of my punches (why do I never use these lovely tools?), a pile of  cardstock pieces, any misc items laying around my desk and went for it. 
 I'm happy with the results and I hope this will help me build my layering skills as well. I have made six so far and I think I can get about a dozen completed before I put things away.

Thanks to anyone who stops to read this. Have a great week and Stay Scrappy!

6 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel good to get those creative juices going again? Sad that you have to be physically in pain, but hope your projects help take your mind to that happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better, I can't imagine recovering from an auto accident but you certainly are putting a great spin on the situation. I too can not for the life of me part with scraps, and I love you are making your own PL cards. I never seem to have that kind of time plus I already own a bazillion cards that I need to get rid of. You are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to do this...just use some scraps to make various tags and cards. I love your use of the cupcake tray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sorry to hear about your car accident and am glad you are doing better. I love how your cards turned out. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great cards! Maybe I should do this to use up some scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comment on my blog. Just wanted to let you know I looked for a scrapbook store but it had closed! The person I asked recommended Walmart in Kerrville! :)

    ReplyDelete